ICAI has enforced the Direct Entry Scheme in CA w.e.f. first Aug 2012. Direct Entry Route refers to the direct entry within the chartered Accountants course while not showing for the doorway level take a look at i.e. CA Foundation. Currently, students will directly enter themselves into the CA Intermediate Course After graduation.
What is the CA Direct Entry Scheme?
The direct entry Scheme is launched by ICAI in 2012 and you’ll directly register for the CA Intermediate course after your graduation or post-graduation.
CA Direct Entry Scheme Eligibility
The eligibility criteria for the candidates to register themselves for the CA Intermediate course with the Direct Entry Route are given below:
- Commerce Graduates/ Post Graduates scored a minimum of 55% marks or alternative graduates or postgraduates who scored a minimum of 60% marks.
- Candidates who have passed the Intermediate level of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India or Institute of Cost Accountants of India.
Provisional Registration for the Graduation Final Year Students
Candidates who are in the final year of Graduation will register for the CA Intermediate course on a tentative basis after submitting satisfactory proof of getting passed the graduation examination with the above-specified marks.
The proof shall be submitted within 6 months from the date of look within the final year of the graduation examination furthermore because of the eminent completion of ICITSS (Orientation course and Information Technology).
It has been clear that in the tentative registration, one will bear and complete ICITSS. however, if the student didn’t manufacture the proof among the said amount, his tentative registration shall stand off and therefore the registration and the other fees shall neither be refunded nor a credit shall run for any of the theoretical data undergone.
Visit us- ICAI CA Course Syllabus
Procedure for Graduates/Post-Graduates:
- Graduates and Post Graduates from the commerce stream who have secured a minimum of 55% marks or alternative graduates with a minimum of 60% marks will enter themselves for the CA Intermediate through the Direct Entry Route.
- Must have completed four weeks of ICITSS (Orientation Program and knowledge Technology) before the commencement of sensible Training.
- Get yourself registered for 3 years of sensible Training.
- Successfully complete nine months of sensible Training to seem in CA Intermediate Examination.
- Qualify for each Group of the Intermediate course.
- Get registered for the CA Final After qualifying for each Group of Intermediate.
- Undergo four weeks of AICITSS throughout the last 2 years of sensible Training however before showing within the final exam.
- Successfully complete such sensible Training.
- Qualify each Group of CA Final.
- Become Member.
Procedure for Intermediate Passed Students of ICSI/ICWA
The candidates WHO have passed the Intermediate level of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India or the Institute of value and Works Accountants of India also can register for the CA Intermediate level through the direct entry Scheme.
- The procedures for registration within the CA Intermediate for such students are going to be identical to traditional route students.
- After registration, they need to bear eight months of the study amount to seem in CA Intermediate Exams.
- Appear and pass either single or each Group of CA Intermediate.
- Register themselves for the 3-year article ship Training on passing either single or each Group of CA Intermediate.
- Enrol for the CA Final After qualifying each the Group of CA Intermediate.
- Undergo and Complete four weeks of AICITSS while following the last 2 years of sensible Training however before showing within the final exam.
- They will seem within the CA final exam throughout the last six months of Articleship Training.
- Complete Articleship Training.
- Qualify each Group of CA Final.
- Become a member of ICAI.
CA Intermediate Registration Fees for the Direct Entry Route Students:
Candidates enrolling themselves for the CA Intermediate Course through the Direct Entry Scheme have to be compelled to register themselves for each Group. See the chart below:
|Registration Options / Various Charges||Both Groups (INR)||Both Groups (US$)|
|Student Activities Fee||2,000|
|Registration fee as an articled assistant||1,000|
Direct Entry Route students have to be compelled to pay Rs 200/- (US$ 20) over and higher than.
Practical Training Fee for CA Direct Entry Scheme
Candidates before showing up for the CA finals have to be compelled to register for the Training. Candidates even have to try and do four weeks of ICITSS and three years of articleship.
|Integrated course information technology||Rs 6500||Rs 7000|
|Soft skills||Rs 7000||Rs 7500|
|Articleship for 3 years||Rs 2000|
Registration Fees for a Student at the Final Level:
- CA Direct entry registration fees for each Group of CA Final are Rs 22000.
- Thus, the CA course fee after graduation is Rs. 76,200.
Duration for CA Direct Entry Scheme
After the candidates have registered for the direct entry Scheme, they need nearly one year for the examination. Students take eight months’ study amount time to organize themselves after registering for the CA direct entry Scheme within the month of Feb or Sept. Candidates ought to select four weeks of ICITSS Training and nine months of articleship Training before the examinations.
Candidates registering after graduation have to be compelled to seem for the First Group and both Group exams after an eight months study period. They need ICITSS Training for a month. And, after clearing each Group students will do sensible Training. So, the whole CA Course period after graduation is 4.5 years.
Many students ponder whether the direct entry route is nice for their CA journey or not. So, cross-check the execs and cons of the CA direct entry Scheme by ICAI.
FAQs For CA Direct Entry Scheme
If you register for CA Direct Entry Scheme, A candidate must have scored at least 55% for commerce graduates and 60% marks for other stream graduates.
If one clears all exams on the first attempt, it will take 3 years to complete the course after graduation.
The ICAI offer free CA course to students who have a low-income background. It is not free for every student. One will have to submit the required documents to avail of this free program.